Dressing up for your everyday hustle requires tremendous effort from top to toe. Looking sleek can make you feel more motivated and give off a powerful aura that prepares you for the job. One crucial part of business attire is the bag. Aside from being an accessory, it should carry all your essentials to keep you on the go. However, purchasing one can be more challenging due to a wide range of options. Here are some quick tips for picking the best business bag for women who are always on the move.
1- Prioritize Functionality
Functionality should always be your priority, especially if you’re always on the move. Everyone needs a functional bag to carry more than just the essentials. Here are some popular picks.
- Sleek Satchel Laptop Bag: Satchels are a classic choice, specifically ones made with leather. Modern designs typically include various compartments to organize items, including a safe space for your laptop and other devices.
- Von Baer No.1 Leather Briefcase: The No.1 Leather Briefcase from Vonbaer.com is made from vegetable-tanned full-grain Italian leather, which will age well with a leather patina, making this briefcase look good for many years. It has a dedicated 15.6-inch laptop compartment, ideal if you’re commuting with your tech. The leather is authenticated with a certification called Pelle Conciata al Vegetale in Toscana too. Buy on Von Baer.
- Stylish Backpack: Backpacks are perfect for those constantly traveling for work. High-quality business backpacks are made with durable materials to hold more items, including clothes and shoes. Ones with comfortable straps and padded laptop compartments are suitable even for daily use.
Prioritizing functionality helps you find a business bag that suits your busy lifestyle while maintaining your professional look.
Match With Your Style
You can never go wrong by picking a business bag that matches your style. It should be the last puzzle piece to complete your everyday outfit and boost your confidence.
Before shopping for a business bag, look at your wardrobe. Look at the usual color palettes you wear and use them to find the perfect match. However, bags in neutral colors, such as black, brown, and white, are versatile enough to polish up any attire.
2- Choose The Most Durable Material
Aside from the craftsmanship, the quality of a business bag significantly depends on the material used. You can start by picking the best one based on the most durable materials available, like the following:
- Authentic Leather: Authentic full-grain leather is the best material for bags in different styles. With proper care, a premium crafted leather business bag can last up to 100 years. Modern crafters also apply a protective to make the leather scratch and water-resistant. Premium leather is your best bet if you’re looking for a material that balances style and longevity.
- Nylon: Nylon is a synthetic fabric that suits a modern look. It’s suitable for business and travel backpacks, laptop cases, and sling bags. If you’re looking for a waterproof bag to protect your devices and other items, nylon would be a wise choice.
- PVB Leather: PVB or polyvinyl butyral leather is a synthetic fabric, an alternative to animal hides. It’s a resin molded to look like leather and shaped into various bag designs. Although it’s not as durable as the organic material, it’s scratch-resistant and moisture-wicking, providing added protection.
These materials vary in price and availability depending on your location. Authentic leather is often the most expensive, but its longevity and style make it worth every penny.
3- Consider The Size
The size of your bag determines how much it can carry and how easily you can bring it around, especially when you’re always on the go. When picking the best business bag, consider its size to ensure it’s fully functional while keeping your outfit sleek.
Business bags with a compartment for a 15.6-inch laptop is the standard. Anything larger may look too bulky and harder to carry. If you’re not bringing a laptop, you may opt for something smaller, just enough to carry your essentials.
Another factor when considering the size of your business bag is how it looks with your typical day-to-day outfits. You can improve your professional look by choosing a bag in the perfect size to carry your smartphone and other personal items. You may also leave extra space for things you grab on your way.
4- Select Structured Designs
A well-structured business bag completes your smart attire. Bags with a structured design stays in shape no matter what you carry inside, providing flexibility and style.
Premium leather bags are known for their structured design. The material is thick, and the stitches are reinforced to maintain their shape. Even if it’s empty, it can stand upright. The only downside with structured bags is they can be a little heavier than other styles.
Moreover, structured bags can make even a smart casual outfit look more polished, especially those made with high-quality leather.
Picking the best business bag can enhance your confidence and motivation to get through a busy day. With these tips, you can easily find the perfect one that completes your work wardrobe.